» Ride Safe (Child Seats)
The number one killer of children in Arizona are motor vehicle crashes. One simple item could help
save countless children is a properly installed child safety seat.
Did you know that 4 out of every 5 child car seats are installed incorrectly?!Did you
know that one third of children are riding in the wrong restraints for their age and size?
- Over 1/3 of children use the wrong restraint for their size and age.
- Children 5 - 8 years old should be riding in belt-positioning booster seats.
A number of WMA Fire & Rescue firefighters are certified car seat technicians and are available to
check child safety seats, free of charge, for age- and size- appropriateness, proper installation and use, and whether
seats have been recalled or visibly damaged. WMA Fire & Rescue Department has three stations available for car
installation & inspections.
- Fire Station 810 - 610 S. Chief Avenue
Whiteriver, AZ 85941
(North of Basha's on Route 73)
- Fire Station 820 - 145 S. Cooley Road
Cibecue, AZ 85911
(1/4 mile North of the Post Office, across street from FATCo Sawmill)
- Fire Station 830 - 503 E. Hwy. 260
HonDah (McNary), AZ 85930
(1/4 mile East of HonDah Resort & Casino on Highway 260)
You must make a reservation for a car seat inspection or installation (you provide the car seat), call
Kateri at 928-338-4311.
If you see an unbuckled child in a moving vehicle, call 928-338-1701. Be prepared to
- the license number and state on the car
- the place where the violation occurred
- the location of the child (front seat, driver's lap, etc.)
The vehicle owner will receive a letter saying that an unbuckled child was observed, and that the law
requires children under five to be properly secured. The letter is not a ticket, but serves as a chance
to inform the owner of the vehicle about keeping children safe in the car.